Over the past few years, Story has seen sustainability come to the forefront and a meaningful shift in how the event industry operates.
Clients, agents and suppliers have become increasingly aware of the potentially negative environmental impact events can create. Therefore, we have been working hard to understand how we can improve and make each stage of the event cycle more sustainable.
Below we have outlined our policy, which highlights our commitment to this cause. We appreciate this is a complex and ever-changing field and so will continue to review and revise as we see fit.
If you would like Story’s assistance making your next event more sustainable then reach out on 0207 870 9303 or email.
STORY EVENTS – SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
Story Events aims to minimise any negative impacts from our event related activities by working towards the implementation of the ISO 2021 sustainable events management standard, comprising all stages of the event management cycle from conception through to post-event activities.
We believe we can make the most beneficial changes to our event related activities by focusing on the following key themes:
- Use energy efficiently, maximising the use of low carbon energy and renewable energy.
- Reduce total waste produced by minimising consumption. Develop resources productively, by increasing reuse and recycling methods and use refurbished, recycled, and recyclable equipment products and materials from accredited sustainable sources.
- Reduce the environmental impact of staff and event attendee travel by promoting sustainable transport use. Work with contractors to maximise the sustainability of our transport activities.
- Promote and encourage diversity and inclusion, ensuring services delivered are accessible, inclusive, and appropriate.
- Aim to ensure that directly procured food and catering items are produced to good sustainability and animal welfare standards.
- Protect the infrastructure of venues and preserve our national heritage.
- Ensure that direct employees are paid the London living wage and encourage contractors to pay the equivalent.
Story Events will ensure delivery through the following measures:
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- Working closely with staff, contractors, supply chain and other key stakeholders to ensure sustainability principles are integrated across our event management processes.
- Reviewing practises to ensure that we meet our sustainability responsibilities and act as an exemplar, leading by example.
- Provide adequate resources to deliver against the objectives and commit to continual improvement.
The event sustainability policy will be brought to the attention of all employees and made publicly available on our website.